Many people suffer from what is commonly called the winter blues.
The sunshine and general carefree attitude of society in the summer makes the individual feel light hearted and seems to lift the weight of the world of their shoulders.
However, despite the cold chilly weather there are many locations worldwide that could rejuvenate you and lift your spirits to summer heights.
Here are the top 10 locations during winter
- Sydney – Winter in Sydney is similar to summer periods in colder countries so that temperature is note exactly that cold. Sydney is a beautiful city, with excellent shopping facilities, but even better restaurants and outdoor activities. You can climb the Harbour Bridge, visit the Opera House or enjoy the beach, all in the sunshine and heat of winter! That is why a stay at the Four Points By Sheraton at Darling Harbour can brighten up your winter!
- Miami – Miami is in a class of its own as far as a vacation destination goes. As it is located in the American South, it is warm all year round, despite having its fair share of rain. The atmosphere is laid back and relaxed, and there are plenty of attractions including Miami Metrozoo and Bayside Marketplace for the extreme shoppers. Staying at a hotel with great facilities, A recommended hotel in Miami would be the San Juan Hotel.
- Phuket – Although Phuket is now extremely popular with holidaymakers; it is also the perfect destination for a winter break. The weather is beautiful, and the natural environement like the Phi Phi Islands, Phang Nga Bay and Kata Beach are all must visits when touring Phuket. The Allamanda Laguna in Phuket is one of the most luxurious hotels in Thailand and should be one of the first hotels on your list.
- Montreal – Although Montreal is cold in the winter, its beauty is immense at that time of year. Outdoor ice-skating is extremely fun, as is exploring the historical buildings in the city like the Notre-Dame Basilica. The snow just adds to the atmosphere there. The Days Inn has the perfect location for a base in the downtown area of the city. It is close to everything you would ever want to see and should be considered as accommodation.
- Dubai – Dubai is generally too hot for Westerners in the summer, but is definitely worth visiting in the winter when it is cooler. The culture is amazing in the city and must be explored via the markets, shops and historical buildings in the centre. You can even hire a boat and sail for a while around the marina. Dubai caters for the tourist trade and looks after its guests well, as is demonstrated by the hospitality. The Ascot Hotel is one of the best in the world for customer service.
A winter break seems to be becoming more popular as the years go by. Winter can be depressing if the sky is grey and your mood begins to mimic the weather.
A break can lift your spirits, and these diverse but cultural places can help to give you a new lease of life!